Sunday 20 September 2009

Eid Mubarak 20-09-2009!

This is the first time for me to experience not being able to go pray Eidl Fitr. And it sucks.. Well before everyone else comes home from the mesjid and I won't be able to use the comp, let me share with you my Ramadhan blessings :)

As we all know, Ramadhan is the time to purify all our sins and the month for self-realization, to look at ourself in the mirror and ask;

"What good deeds have I done for others that surround me? Even for myself?"

This year, I have been touched. Allah has opened my heart, that ONLY realizing the others that need you and are less fortunate is so not enough. I need to do something, and I need to do it as soon as possible. I hope that God gives me time to do that soon, Amin.
Ramadhan is not just about buying lots of food we resist from fasting, nor the fast-breaking with your friends and showing the photos to the world, no. Its the silaturrahim, and the older we are we realize that it truly is important, how we miss our friends and not seeing them in, say, a couple of years, or even 10 years it was the case with my kindergarten friends last year, and how we need to maintain the bond we have started. To continue that bond forever and nurture it.
I daresay this year it has been harder for me to keep my anger and patience rather than last year, I broke my fast (thanks to my nafsu!) one day, and accidentally it was! Seriously guys, do NOT ever try this, and i feel ashamed. Its obviously bad, plus afterwards i felt too guilty. Man, i wish i hadn't eaten that waffle. Didnt taste that good anyway :| what a waste of money as well! (Padang haha)

Oh one more thing. This will be the last Ramadhan for us year 12s.. the last Ramadhan being in high school. Who knows where we'll be eating our pre-dawn meals next year, in Depok, bandung, Yogya? Or somewhere far abroad, away from families and friends? No matter where, I hope we will stil be able to greet Ramadhan, AMIN!

So I should really disconnect now, to everyone who celebrates it, to every Muslim in the world, Eid Mubarak! Happy Eidl Fitr, bless us all! Let the light shine down on all of us who have won the Ramadhan meaning! Amin. Happy Lebaran! Take care for those who are going to their hometowns :)

The Spirit of Ramadhan!
Love,
NVY xxo ;)

No comments: