Thursday 23 April 2009

the Sound of Music



last night i watched the Sound of Music for the umpteenth time. i haven't watched it for quite some time, years actually, since we left the vcd at Melbourne (i think), so last weekend surprisingly my mum, wonderful mum bought the original dvd. how cool is that! since its my fave moviee and a family favourite as well. and i decided to watch it last night, ended up finishing at something past 12. i actually learned a few lessons.. might post them later when i have time. anyway here is one of the lyrics, Maria and Liesl sang (the other version of Sixteen going on Seventeen by Liesl and Ralph), which made me quite thoughtful.. hmm.. tell me, what do you think? leave a comment please ;) thankies.


Sixteen Going on Seventeen
Maria: You are sixteen going on seventeen
Waiting for life to start
Somebody kind who touches your mind
Will suddenly touch your heart
Liesl: When that happens, after it happens
Nothing is quite the same
Somehow I know I'll jump up and go
If ever he calls my name
Maria: Gone are your old ideas of life
The old ideas grow dim
Lo and behold you're someone's wife
And you belong to him
You may think this kind of adventure
Never may come to you
Darling sixteen going on seventeen
Wait a year . . .
Liesl: I'll wait a year . . .
Maria: Just wait a year . . .
Maria and Liesl: Or two

No comments: