Monday 1 June 2009

Went to the orthodentist!

yes i did! hahah satnite at laaaast i went to NDC and it was packed as usual, but lucky i didnt have to wait long despite the traffic and I was actually late coz before i had Physics lesson for the remed today. -_- hmm. well you might be wondering why would i come there anyway, since Ive taken off my braces? to check my retainer.

This is what a fixed retainer looks like:



its a 6 month control (which is pretty.. longing for me hahah) to check whether there isnt any problem and what i found out is that:

1. I really did break off one porcelain or ceramic or whatever thingie it is on my tooth, that means it really did, like on November (like the first month my braces were off :p what a vigourous eater) so the doctor put a new one back on

2. I have these lines at my molar teeth at the back, which turned out to be from food and the doc said I should watch that and give it more attention so it won't make a hole even though it isnt a "hole" hole), but it can cause like yea a dent and that is not good.

3. She says that generally people with fixed retainers such as mine gets calculus (karang gigi), but i don't because I thouroughly, and I mean, really, brush mine well (I can spend like 5 minutes brushing the whole set! Hahah). Since I wore braces and off now it's never bin neglected and i hope the habit will continue and last, teehee

And this is what calculus, or plague looks like (not good yea)



And damn, my orthodentist is soo good her hand movements are really "cekatan" lol doesnt even hurt and she rarely hurts me (if she does its probably because of however my condition was like hahah) so she's one of my role model in the Medicine world :p

You know what I have, considered a dentist as an occupation but Mum says the tuition fee in uni is more than Medicine, general med. Thats crazy. Even though we're playing with more focused things on people's bodies. Hmm

No comments: